Thursday, October 4, 2007

Whats the Cost?

Thats usually the first thing I get asked about in regards to this "natural God- Given" beauty concept. Honestly, the cost works out to be much less for the most part. Of course, when you go to whole foods to get your initial supply you will want to budget some money. I probably spent thirty dollars for:
A huge bottle of organic olive oil
Coconut oil (hair)
rosemary oil (hair)
raw honey
goats milk
organic oats
aloe vera plant
This will be enough to get you started. here are some examples of the cost worked out.
1. lip plumper -30-40dolars. aloe vera plant 3 dollars
2.hair repair masque 100 dollars a year
deep shine coconut oil masque- 20 dollars a year
3. face cleanser 21 dollars per 6 oz, 4 bottles a year is 84 dollars
milk/oat wash 48 dollars a year
4. fine lines plumper (department store quality) 157 a year
honey tonic 16 a year (8 dollars for 8 oz jar. 2 jars a year)
5. commecvial olive oil moisturizer 140 dollars a year (it runs 35 dollars per oz.)
Natural organic olive oil . TWENTY DOLLARS, a year. You should only need two bottles a year!

So, as you see. You do save money all the while protecting your health and your skin.
The one thing you will want to invest in is a good mineral makeup..these are sold online, stell nova, ulta, salons. I use Bare Minerals. You can get the starter kit for 60.00. I would recommend going into a salon and having them match your color. Although this makeup is more expensive you are paying for pure minerals which are going to enhance the quality of your skin where as drug store or department store makeup is loaded with cheap fillers that irritate skin and clog pores- even dulling our complexions so then they can sell us skin brightners..right? who knew they were in it for the money?news flash: they really don't care about how your skin looks at the end of the day. Alot of makeups contain talc which is one dolalr per kilo. some minerals cost up to 300 dollars a kilo.
Mineral makeup is so pure it catches all the right light, it wont clog or irritate- you can sleep in it, workout in it and it remains flawless looking and all the while it helps your skin look and feel better. I can't beleive it took me so long to learn about it! Although I like bare minerals . I have read that Jane Iredale Mineral cosmetics is the best you can get. Whatever brand you buy , make sure it is pure minerals. Alot of the brands in drug stores and department stores are part mineral part synthetic.

3 comments:

The LaBouffs said...

I'm sold!

Merrie said...

Yes, keep it coming!!! I am soooo excited!

Merrie said...

Hey,
I was in walmart to day and saw that Loreal has a mineral makeup. Not sure how pure it is. It comes with applicators.
Also, I used what I had as far as olive oil and honey. It was not organic or raw - but I used it and I could tell the difference, my face felt so soft!
One question about the olive oil... do you use it like lotion on your legs? Do you smell like a salad? I have some olive oil lotion by Palmer that I use and it has a distinct smell... def not Jergens!
But, I am so excited about all these natural things. I will get the organic and good stuff as I can. Thank you for sharing!