Thursday, October 11, 2007

I LOVE this song...its by casting crowns.

Here I am Lord, and I'm drowningin your sea of forgetfulness the chains of yesterday surround me I yearn for peace and restI dont want to end up where you found meand it echoes in my mind,keeps me awake tonight
I know you cast my sin as far as the east is from the westand I stand before you now,as if I've never sinnedbut today I feel like I'm just one mistake awayfrom you leaving me this way
and Jesus can you show mejust how far the east is from the westcause I can't bear to see the man I've been rising up in me againin the arms of your mercy I find rest,cause you know just how far the East is from the Westfrom one scarred hand to the other.
I start the day the war beginsendless reminding of my sintime and time again your truth is drowned out by the storm I'm intoday I feel like I'm just one mistake away,from you leaving me this way and Jesus can you show me,just how far the East is from the Westcause I can't bear to see the man I've been rising up in me againin the arms of your mercy I find rest'cause you know just how far the East is from the Westfrom one scarred hand to the other.
I know you've washed me white,turned my darkness into lightI need your peace to get me through,to get me through this nightcan't live by what I feelbut by the Truth your Word reveals,I'm not holding on to youbut you're holding on to me,you're holding on to me
Jesus you knowjust how far the East is from the WestI don't have to see the man I've been, rising up in me againin the arms of your mercy I find rest'cause you know just how far the East is from the West,just how far,from one scarred hand to the other.

2 comments:

Merrie said...

Thank you! powerful reminder of what Jesus has done in our lives.

Sarah said...

that is one of my husband's favorite songs. We listen to it over and over.
i love music that i can loose myself in while listening to it. Especailly with casting crowns, I can just listen and forget all else that life is throwing at me and when the song is over i feel refreshed and worry free.
(i am beka's sister)