Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Anyone still reading?

Well, great if you are! I am so uber impressed with you. Please pat yourself on the back for me!

I always have thoughts about what I want to write on here but hardly ever get to it.. so here are some random thoughts ..please proceed with caution ;-)

Today I have felt overwhelmed. I have been fighting an overwhelming sense of depression and have been trying to discern if its spiritual or hormonal. From my studies I am well aware of the causes of postpartum and how serious it can be if not recognized and treated appropriatley. But I am wondering if its sprirtual- a dark night of the soul, if you will...
Why so downcast o my soul
why so disturbed within me?

Today I reflected on the phrase "author of salvation" from a worship song we sing. I love this. It reminds me that God had a plan for me before time began..that he authored our salvation before we needed it...when we were still good...before we sinned..He had a plan for us...and I know He has a plan for me. I know he saw my circumstances before I felt the weight of them..before I was overwhelmed by them...

3 comments:

The LaBouffs said...

Hugs. I've been there! I'm praying for you....

Kinney Kids Parents said...

Meghan and I don't get to read it as much as we like - (with three and a fourth on the way, blog reading time gets pushed back). But we enjoy and are inspired by your writtings, keep them coming.
Scott

Merrie said...

Yes, I am reading... not as often as "normal"... but life has been busy...

I also know and understand completely the time demands of multiple children...

Love you and we are there with you! It really DOES get better!