Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Dear Mom

I can't believe how time has flown since you left.So much has happened but it feels like you have been gone forever....I wish I could remember your face more clearly or how your voice sounded. There is so much you have missed and I miss you more every day. I can't wait to get to heaven tell you about the kind of woman I became... About how much I grew to love our Jesus....


We went to say good bye to you today ,mom. It was so surreal. I can't believe your gone. I can't comprehend that I could search the whole earth andI wouldn't be able to find you. When I saw your closed casket I wanted to tear it open. I wanted so badly to see you one more time, mom.Do I really have to go on without you?...

Andrew took me on our first date tonight, mom. You were right about how he sparkles. I think he is the one, mom. He even asked to hold my hand. He took me on a carriage ride around Charleston and then we ate at blossoms....


I moved back in with dad today , mom. I was going to get an apartment with some of my friends but I didn't want dad to be alone. There is something familar and warm about being at home although there are memories of you around every corner...Sometimes I walk into the kitchen expecting to see you there...standing at the stove or coming down the stairs. I miss you so much mom...you made this house such a beautiful home....


Andrew asked me to marry him tonight mom.I am engaged! can you believe it? He washed my feet as Jesus did. He said he wanted to serve me forever. He dried my feet with a towel that was embroidered with "Lindsay will you marry me?." I am going to plan our wedding now, mom. Remember the dress we picked out a few weeks before you died? It was so silly. ..I didn't even have a boyfriend then. But I am so glad we did.That day was so special. You made me feel so beautiful! The dress you liked...that you said was your favorite....I am going to wear that dress, mom.


I got married today,mom.I missed you so much. We laid flowers for you...lillys..your favorite. It was such a beautiful day,mom. Now I am a wife. I found a letter that you started to write to me for my wedding day but you never finished..I wonder what you were going to say....What advice did you have for me...I miss you so so much, mom...


I graduated from college today, mom. I got two bachelors degrees. Can you believe it? I remember the summer before I started college you were so excited about it. Everywhere you went you would tell people that I was going to college. You were so proud.It has been hard, mom. After you died I wanted to quit. It was so hard to go back..but I knew you wanted me to finish. Tonight we had a graduation party. Dad gave me my present from you. A beautiful ring and a letter. You really thought of everything...I am going off into the real world now , mom....are you watching?


Roman James was born today,mom. A boy! He is the most beautiful baby. He looks like a Taylor. I gave him his middle name after your dad. I can't believe I am a mother. Now I realize how much love you had for me.I keep imagining how happy you would be...your a grandma,mom! Your first grandchild!..............

I finished my Masters degree today ,mom.I can only imagine how you would be throwing me the biggest party.It was hard work, mom. Especially having Romie and working, too.I rolled up my diploma and put it in the linen closet...I so badly wanted to call you and show it to you....

I am pregnant again,mom. Another boy! His name is going to be Jude Michael. I am so excited to have another son. You are going to be a grandma again. Roman is excited too. He often points to my tummy and says "Baby Dude." I am due March 15th right before the anniversary of your death...that time of year is so hard but God had given me another reason to rejoice.......

4 comments:

Hillary said...

I love to read that. I love to read that you have endured such a loss but you still have reason to rejoice, and you never forget your mother.

The Gotbeters said...

Lindsay..what a blessing to read that..Our new little one Richard "West", is named for my dad who passed away when I was in the first grade..I have had such similar conversations with myself over those very same things. Especially having West now I think of him more than ever, a grandson named for him, could you imagine? Blessings, Brittan-

The Bryant Buzz said...

wow. that was amazing. Tears are in my eyes. I am without words...

Melissa W. said...

Lindsay, Lindsay, Lindsay...you just made me cry my eyes out- really, really hard. I wish I could reach out and hug you right now. Children change your life and you realize just how precious life is. I know your mom is shining down on you and soo proud. One day you will be able to kiss her again. One day she will see and touch you again. She will also tell you how perfect you are raising her grandchildren and being a great wife to Andrew. kisses from me ;)