Saturday, September 15, 2007

Iv'e Seen So Much More Than You Know Love.............

The great theologian , Britney Spears, once said through song lyrics, "Ive seen so much more than you know, love, so don't tell me to shut my eyes.

These word have always stayed with me. I relate to them in a very intresting way.
In my crazy days I saw alot of the world. I saw and experienced things that I shouldn't have and sometimes wish I hadn't but ultimatley they have shaped me and created the stage for my salvation and future ministry. I have seen things up close and personal at ages one shouldn't experience such things. I have touched and tasted a life that the devil himself leads people to believe is fulfilling and good.

It amazed me that the Lord allowed me to marry a man as pure and innocent as Andrew. When we were dating he would often tell me to close my eyes to certain things (literally) or he wouldn't tell me a whole story or joke if it was crude. He was protecting me in the most Godly sense of protection. I look back now and appreciate that because in a way on the day I was saved, God restored alot of my lost innocence.

Andrew and I had a conversation the other day about the world. I had met with a friend who is not a Chirst follower. She had said something to me that shocked me. It was about her life and probaly wouldn't shock most people. It shocked me because of the nonchalant attitude regarding the matter. Of course, I disguised my shock well although inside my insides were fluttering. I told Andrew that I came home and thought about it and prayed about my reaction and was glad that I was so shocked. I felt that it was confirmation the Holy Spirit had a strong grip on my heart and life. Later in the week I read Jeremiah which added confirmation to what i had been pondering. He says this, "Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct?
No, they have no shame at all;
they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen;
they will be brought down when I punish them,"
says the LORD.

There it is "They do not even know how to blush." I am glad that through all I have seen that i have been restored and redeemed. I have been cleansed and renewed.sanctified, justified, and one day glorified. I am so glad that in this fallen and depraved world that I am still able to blush........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

why disguise your shock from your 'friend'? in essence, you have lied to her, and become complicit in the actions that you feel so superior to.