Monday, March 24, 2008

New Life....



I feel you sustaining me in the still of the night
As I rock my child; you hold me tight
And as I look at the face of this new born son
I cannot fathom the depths of what you've done

A sacrifice I couldn't make
But I'm so glad that you took my place..
How is it that you love me; more than I love him?
When hes seemingly so innocent and I constantly sin..


As all of creation looks to you; I look at creation in my hands
What could it be; this life you've planned?
And as I abide in you for just a little while..
You make my world as new as this little mans smile
And sometimes I think about how close he is to you
Coming from your hands and placed inside my womb..
Just on the other side; I wonder
Did she hold him too?
Did she kiss his face and call his name; before I even knew?
Before the pink and blue....


(to be cont...)

No comments: